CAP County Coordinator:
Programs offered to schools and community groups with a three prong approach which
includes workshops for staff, parents and students:
- CAP for Early Childhood, Elementary, Teen
- CAP’s Bullying Prevention Program
- “Cyber-Empowerment” – about cyber-bullying and safety
Programs only offered to adults:
- “Recognizing and Responding to Sexual Behavior of Children
About Atlantic/Cape May County CAP:
Atlantic/Cape May County CAP has been implementing workshops that empower children and adults to be “SAFE, STRONG, AND FREE” for more than 25 years. Hosted by AtlantiCare, the region’s largest healthcare organization, CAP is providing prevention education to over 6,500 children and over 800 adults throughout Atlantic and Cape May Counties each year.
One Administer wrote: “The program provided the staff, parents and students with additional strategies to handle situations in the lives inside and outside of the classroom”.
- CAP has been implemented in 18 School Districts and CAP’s Bullying Prevention Program in 9 Districts.
- In the 2011/2012 School year funding was provided for following districts: Atlantic City, Margate, Somers Point and the Oceanside Charter School.
- Non Grant Schools: Northfield, Brigantine, Ventnor, Weymouth Twp., and Hammonton.
- Cape May: Lower twp., Upper Twp., and Middle Twp.
- Non Grant Schools: Avalon, Stone Harbor, Cape May City, Ocean City, and Wildwood Crest.
- Serves on the Atlantic County DYFS Advisory Board.
- We are the program the Camden Diocese utilizes as the “Safe Environment” Program in all six counties.
- The Family Success Centers in Atlantic and Cape Counties were provided adult trainings in the abuse of children.