Every year NJCAP RTC raises awareness across the state on Child Abuse and Awareness Month by:
- Sending a press release about the month and how the CAP program strengthens children and families through the prevention of abuse and bullying. These releases to all major online papers and social media as well as sent to the local projects for their dissemination to their local papers, radio and resource agencies.
- Sends the Governor’s Proclamation to all municipalities in the state through the Mayor’s Office to be read at township council meeting during April.
- Provide community adult workshops presentations at no cost to commemorate the month.
The following are the plans that the County CAP Projects will be implementing.
Atlantic /Cape May
During the month of April, blue ribbons will be distributed along with CAP materials in Atlantic County at: Our Lady Start of the Sea, St. Joseph, Somers Point, Atlantic County Head Start and in Cape May County at: Bishop McHugh, Head Start Ocean City, Ventnor.
Collaborating with the Drop-in Center @ Hackensack High School a presenting a 30 minute workshop on Teen Dating Violence.
The team will be making and distributing ribbons and CAP information to the community at the Voorhees Library on April 19th. In addition, the Coordinator will distribute the same information and ribbons to those visiting and working at her agency, Center for Family Services.
The team will be making and distributing ribbons for all of the teachers at the schools being implemented this year and last year. The list is as follows:
Haleyville, Port Norris, Lakeside, Holly Heights, Durand, Gloria Sabatier, Broad Street, Stow Creek, Greenwich, Fairfield, Head Start Elmer Road, Head start Millville, Head Start Rivers Edge.
Fundraising event with singer and performer Carl Brister. This event will highlight child abuse prevention month as well as raise funds for early childhood classes in Orange School District.
During the second week of April, the team will distribute blue ribbons with thank you notes to the local DCP&P local offices – Gloucester East, Gloucester West and Salem.
The team will participate and distribute CAP Materials at the following:
- Liberty State Park on April 22
- Two parent workshops in Jersey City Head Starts at separate locations April 13th and April 28th both at 9 a.m.
- Jersey City PS 25 Health Fair on April 26 from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. (400 parents in attendance)
- Exhibit table at the Family Success Center Event –April 18th
- Presentation at the Family Success Center Event – April 18th
Distribution of CAP info and blue ribbons at Old Greenwich Presbyterian Church and Annandale Reform Church. Flemington Kiwanis and the Key Club (Community service Organization) at Hunterdon Central High School will be handing out blue ribbons to more than 1000 children and citizens living in the county. Harvest Family Success Center and Hunterdon Prevention Resource and will hand out blue ribbons with information about CAP. Letter to be sent to the Editor of the Hunterdon Democrat.
The team will be at the Woodbridge Center Mall in the pavilion on Saturday, April 1 and 8 distributing resource materials, blue ribbons and bracelets. They will be enacting the CAP roleplays.
Will be working in collaboration with the State CAP Office in the disseminating of the Governor’s
Proclamation. Coordinator will help forward CAP letter and Proclamation.
Will be presenting a CAP Bullying Prevention Workshop for Paterson Schools Phys Ed and Health Department Teachers and a Spanish CAP presentation for Dover NORWESCAP parents.
Will hand out CAP information and “Parenting Tips” at Toms River Branch of the Ocean County Library System on April 4, 2017. Brick and Lakewood will also participate at later date. Working witt Toys R Us to distribute CAP information.
During the month of April, there will be a newspaper article on Somerset County CAP and Prevention Month in the Courier News
Collaborating with Darkness to Light Program on local presentations in the county.
Distributing Blue Ribbon Pins and prevention resources at the Elizabeth Mall
CAP Display for Prevention month at the Warren County Library and blue ribbon cards and materials.
CAP RAP for the staff of St. Luke’s Hospital